NorDig releases NorDig Unified Requirements v2.6 and NorDig Test Plan addendum for HbbTV v1.0 (Jan. 2017)
The NorDig specifications cover three areas:
1. NorDig specifications for Integrated Receiver Decoders (which includes for example STBs, PVRs and relevant parts of integrated digital TV-sets).
2. NorDig Rules of Operation, specifications for the use of transmit parameters in NorDig compliant networks.
3. NorDig Test Plan, specification for how to verify implementation in NorDig Integrated Receiver Decoders.
All specifications are based on DVB and the minimum performance sets that are specified for NorDig compliant networks. The use of the NorDig specifications is described in “About NorDig” at www.nordig.org.
Status of specifications:
1: NorDig Unified Requirements for Integrated Receiver Decoders for use in cable, satellite, terrestrial and IP-based networks, version 2.6.
This specification includes different IRD profiles, like the NorDig Basic profile which corresponds to basic requirements for digital broadcasting and the NorDig Hybrid profile covers the NorDig requirements for enhanced services depend on a standardized API, based on the HbbTV.
Download: NorDig Unified Requirements ver 2.6 (.pdf format)
NorDig Unified Specification ver. 2.6 includes updates of the previous specifications ver. 2.5.1.
Main updates in NorDig Unified Requirements version 2.6 are:
– Remote Control, changed to User Control Functions (changed from require dedicated RC keys to instead allow new modern RC and require the functions needed). [Chapter 8.7]
– API, change from HbbTV v1.5 to v2.0.1 (not HbbTV v2.0), with a grace period until 1 July 2018. [Chapter 15]
– Immunity against LTE signal, now added immunity against 700MHz band plus more strict for 800MHz. [Chapter 220.127.116.11]
– SW update of receivers (SSU), introduction of a new alternative for Smart-TVs and other connectable IRDs via only sending SSU notification via broadcast. [Chapter 10 and 12.7]
This specification, NorDig Unified Requirements 2.6 (Jan. 20, 2017) is approved by NorDig and covers all NorDig profiles.
2: NorDig Rules of Operation for NorDig version 2.5.
The specification is planned to be updated shortly to meet the changes in NorDig Unified Specification version 2.6
Download: NorDig Rules of Operation ver 2.5 (.pdf format)
3: NorDig Unified Test Plan for Integrated Receiver Decoders for use in cable, satellite, terrestrial and IP-based networks, version 2.5.0 and together now with the new NorDig Unified Test Plan addendum for HbbTV 1.0.
The NorDig Test Plan addendum specify the minimum test cases to be fulfilled in HbbTV organisation’s test suit for NorDig Hybrid IRDs plus a number of NorDig specific test cases for HbbTV.
The Test Plan specification is planned to be updated shortly to meet the changes in NorDig Unified Specification version 2.6.
Download: NorDig Unified Test Plan Ver. 2.5.01 (.pdf format)
Download: NorDig Unified Test Plan ver 2.5.0 – HbbTV addendum ver. 1.0 (.pdf format)