NorDig IRD Specification 3.1.1 and NorDig Test Plan 3.1.1
NorDig releases NorDig Unified IRD Specification ver. 3.1.1 and NorDig Unified Test Plan ver. 3.1.1 (Sept. 2019)
NorDig releases a package of new and aligned updated NorDig specifications; new NorDig Unified IRD specification version 3.1.1, new NorDig Unified Test Plan version version 3.1.1 and new belonging reference NorDig Audio Test streams. NorDig has put an extra effort to align the release of the two specifications (Unified IRD specification and Test Plan) to ensure among things that the industry better understands how to meet the updated requirements. Finally, the two specifications are aligned and matches each other.
The NorDig Unified Specification update is minor update revision. Main updates in NorDig Unified Specification version 3.1.1 compared to previous version 3.1 are:
- Mandating of Audio Preselection Descriptor for NGA/AC-4 audio for NorDig HEVC IRDs
- SI section updates
The complete NorDig Unified Test Plan has been reviewed and taken a major update revision. With this update, the separate NorDig Unified Test Plan addendum for SSU testing v 2.6.0 gets integrated into the main NorDig Test Plan document v3.1.1 and the separate SSU addendum v 2.6.0 is therefore withdraw. Main updates in NorDig Unified Test Plan ver. 3.1.1 compared to previous version 2.6.0 are:
- FrontEnd, varios update to satellite and terrestrial parts
- HEVC IRD type added (with support of HEVC, NGA and DVB TTML)
- Video tests updated and added test for HEVC video
- Audio tests updated and added test for NGA audio
- Subtitling tests updated and added test for DVB TTML subtitling
- SSU tests where SSU addendum v2.6.0 has been integrated
- SI section updates
NGA Audio Test stream, with the release of NorDig Test Plan ver. 3.1.1, NorDig release a package of Test streams for testing NGA / AC-4 audio.
Download: NorDig Unified Specification ver. 3.1.1 (pdf format), NorDig-Unified-Requirements-ver.-3.1.1.pdf
Download: NorDig Unified Test Plan ver. 3.1.1 (pdf format), NorDig-Unified-Testplan-ver.-3.1.1.pdf
Download: NorDig NGA / AC4 audio test stream (link), NorDig_Testplan_ver_3.1.1_NGA_Test_Streams.zip
The NorDig specifications cover three areas:
- NorDig specifications for Integrated Receiver Decoders (which includes for example STBs, PVRs and relevant parts of integrated digital TV-sets), version 3.1.1 (September 2019).
- NorDig Test Plan, specification for how to verify implementation in NorDig Integrated Receiver Decoders, version 3.1.1 (September 2019). The Test Plan specification is planned to be updated shortly to meet the changes in NorDig Unified Specification.
- NorDig Rules of Operation, specifications for the use of transmit parameters in NorDig compliant networks, version 2.5.0 (October 2016). The Rules of Operation specification is planned to be updated in near future.
All specifications are based on DVB and the minimum performance sets that are specified for NorDig compliant networks. The use of the NorDig specifications is described in “About NorDig” at www.nordig.org.