NorDig releases a new update of the NorDig Unified Requirements IRD specification, which among things adds Next Generation Audio (NGA) technical IRD requirements in addition to previous requirements.
NorDig’s new NGA audio requirements together with previous specified HEVC video and DVB TTML subtitling requirements, now makes the requirements complete for reception of HEVC based services, all according with DVB specifications.
Main updates in NorDig Unified Requirements version 3.1 compared to previous version 3.0 are:
- NGA decoding for NorDig HEVC IRDs based upon Dolby AC-4 audio codec
- HbbTV update to v2.0.2
- Additional security requirements for HEVC based services based upon CI+ ECP
Download: NorDig Unified Requirements ver. 3.1 (.pdf format)
The NorDig specifications cover three areas:
- NorDig Unified Requirements, specifications for Integrated Receiver Decoders (which includes for example STBs, PVRs and relevant parts of integrated digital TV-sets), version 3.1 (October 2018).
- NorDig Rules of Operation, specifications for the use of transmit parameters in NorDig compliant networks, version 2.5.0 (October 2016). The Rules of Operation specification is planned to be updated in near future.
- NorDig Test Plan, specification for how to verify implementation in NorDig Integrated Receiver Decoders, version 2.6.0 (December 2017).The Test Plan specification is planned to be updated shortly to meet the changes in NorDig Unified Specification.
All specifications are based on DVB and the minimum performance sets that are specified for NorDig compliant networks. The use of the NorDig specifications is described in “About NorDig” at www.nordig.org.