NorDig releases NorDig TVA Guidelines Implementation package ver. 1.4 and NorDig Charter updated (2022)
The updates in the NorDig TVA Guidelines Implementation package ver. 1.4 compared to previous version 3.1.2 includes Classification Schemas “HowRelatedNorDigCS” for still image for better and more advanced handling of program and series related still images.
Updates in NorDig Charter 2022 compared to previous version Charter 2012 is minor changes in paragraph 2. Purpose and Objectives.
NorDig TVA Guidelines Implementation package ver. 1.4 main updates:
New Classification Schemas “HowRelatedNorDigCS” for still image for better and more advanced handling of program and series related still images, and update of “NorDig TVA Example scenarios” handling still image.
Download NorDig TVA Guidelines Implementation package ver. 1.4: NorDig-TVAGuidelines_1.4_June_2022.zip
Download NorDig Charter 2022: NorDig Charter 2022
The NorDig specifications cover four areas:
- NorDig Unified Requirements, specifications for IRD (Integrated Receiver Decoders which includes STBs, PVRs and relevant parts of integrated digital TV-sets), NorDig IRD specifications are established with the aim to ensure that IRDs in the Nordic and Irish market satisfy a common set of minimum requirements, independent of operator/service provider and transmission media.
- NorDig Test Plan, specification for how to verify implementation in NorDig Integrated Receiver Decoders. Common test specifications are established to ensure that decoders comply with the common minimum requirements. Additional test specifications may apply for individual networks, especially networks with access-controlled transmissions.
- NorDig Rules of Operation (RoO) provides requirements on the configuration of transmission parameters, including the related standards, to design transmissions of content interoperable with NorDig IRD. The Rules of Operation may also be used as a guideline by IRD manufacturers to understand how NorDig Broadcasters construct compliant transmissions.
- NorDig Metadata Exchange format specification – specifies a NorDig standard for EPG/Event metadata exchange format for B2B exchange of metadata between broadcasters / content provider, network operators and other stakeholder in the distribution chain based on TV-Anytime.
All specifications are based on DVB and the minimum performance sets that are specified for NorDig compliant networks. The use of the NorDig specifications is described in “About NorDig” at www.nordig.org.
For more information or interest to participate in NorDig work please contact:
- Per Björkman, Chairman of NorDig Executive Committee, e-mail: per.bjorkman @svt.se
- Per Tullstedt, Chairman of NorDig Technical Committee, e-mail: per.tullstedt @teracom.se
- Peter Mølsted, Technical consulting, e-mail: peter @moelstedconsulting.dk
NorDig is specifying a common platform for Digital Television to be used within the Nordic region (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden) and Éire.
NorDig is an open specification free to use.